Find the Reports that apply Hearts & Wallets' best thinking to whatever you are working on. Choose IQ Reports from the Investor Quantitative™ Database, EQ Reports from Explore Qualitative™ Series, State of Advice & Guidance Report from Inside Advice® Benchmarking, or Portrait of U.S. Household Wealth Report.
Become a Trends™ Subscriber for early access to all Reports and Monthly Subscriber Briefings.
What are you interested in?See All Advice and financial planning Financial wellness (workplace) Investment products Retirement and aging NextGen and digital best practices Advisors vs. DIY (hybridization) Pricing Segmentation Competitive metrics
Investment Products & Asset Managers 2023: New Wrappers, Multi-asset Solutions & Reaching More Shareholders to Power Growth
This report is our annual look at how households are currently allocating their assets and which investment managers are leading the industry. Here are a few highlights:
- Within the 95M households who know their products, 59M report they do not own mutual funds. Half of 59M households that don't own mutual funds get equity exposure from other products.
- Individual stocks are still the most commonly owned, but adoption of separately managed accounts (SMAs) is growing significantly.
- 19.4M households report using cryptocurrency. Crypto use has more than doubled from 9.4M households in 2020
Features That Deliver Simplicity: Building for the #1 Driver of Money Movement
"Direct Indexing Managed Account" (vs. Traditional Managed Products like Mutual Funds, ETFs, SMAs): How to Engage Consumers in the Managed Account Structure of the Future
This report is the first module of the 2023 Explore Qualitative Research and looks at Direct Indexing, considered by some to be the managed account product of the future. Read this report to learn more about how consumers understand and feel about direct indexing.
Direct indexing involves buying the individual stocks that make up an index, in the same weights as the index. This is another form of index investing and contrasts to index mutual funds or index exchange-traded funds (index ETFs) that track the index.Learn more
Stores & Success Metrics 2023: How to Compete for Share of Wallet Given Industry Consolidation and Asset Concentration
Portrait™ of U.S. Household Wealth 2023: The Foundation of Market Sizing Reveals the 55+ Opportunity and Wealth Market Targets
The 2023 Portrait™ of U.S. Household Wealth reports on the current breakdown of household wealth in America. This report is updated annually. Learn who controls the wealth by age and asset ranges through the Portrait Grid™.
Key finding highlights include:
- Nearly 130M households control $69.7T in investable assets, with growth in taxable now faster than retirement.
- Concentration of investable assets is increasing. In 2022, only 12% of total investable assets is controlled by households with <$500K.
- Households age 55+ control $51.4T. Among households with <$5M, Post-Retirees still dwarf all other lifestages in both asset and household terms.