Order Report - Portrait™ of U.S. Household Wealth 2022: Sizing Opportunities from Retirement to High Net Worth and Exploring the Role of Real Estate
The 2022 Portrait™ of U.S. Household Wealth reports on the current breakdown of household wealth in America. This report is updated annually. Learn who controls the wealth by age and asset ranges through the Portrait Grid™. This research is the foundation of all market sizing at Hearts & Wallets. Use this report to size and refine your target markets using the TAM, SAM SOM methodology.
- 129M households in the U.S. make decisions about $68.6T in investable assets with 2 of 3 dollars in taxable accounts and the remainder in retirement.
- Households age 45+ with $500K+ make decisions about $57.1T or 83% of investable assets.
- After the “wealth” market, the next biggest age-asset group in asset terms is ages 45-64 with $500K-<$2M: 8.4M households who make decisions about $13.5T.
- The taxable-retirement split, 2 to 1 at the national level, varies significantly within groups. Most households (111M) have taxable accounts. $9.8T in DC is spread across 62M households, and 50M have $12.5M in IRAs.
- Net equity in real estate is $29T, currently a bigger portion (23%) of U.S. household wealth than retirement assets (19%).
Pricing Options To Suit Your Needs and Budget
Choose access licenses for your team or organization in ways that support how you collaborate. AVAILABLE FOR LICENSE TO NON TRENDS SUBSCRIBERS FEBRUARY, 2023.
Online with slide download, PPT & PDF (unlimited log-ins) - $28,000
Online with slide download (1-50 logs-ins) - $22,000
Online only (1-20 log-ins) - $18,000